The balloons are loosing helium, Dick Clark is back resting in his Malibu mansion, and the Christmas tree is dried up and droopy.
Yes, the holidays are officially over.
How do I know?
1. I'm counting my money and these two pennies are very sad indeed and
2. my children are gearing up to open their very own Lawndale Toys R Us.
(oh, yeah, and I turned thirty, no more mention will be made of this, take note)
In no particular order I'm going to do what I do best and make a list of my favorite holiday moments and least favorite.
1. My brother just about loosing his mind trying to get the Steve Miller Band live DVD/CD at our annual gift exchange. (the same could be said for my Mom, Dad, Seth's girlfriend Shannon and my sister Jessica, but Seth made the biggest a@# of himself..and therefore, made me laugh the hardest.)
2. The ham and ham glaze from Thanksgiving..(thanks for the recipe Rob..ps, if anyone wants a good glaze for their ham, I'll post some post holiday recipes next week)
3. Cheesecakes by Ashley (uh oh, is it a bad sign that two out of three are food?)
4. Having my Mom and my Dad healthy for the holidays this year.
5. New wine glasses, spending time with family and finally having a good book light.
6. Getting to bake with my friends, working has put a huge time crunch on my girl time and having a whole day with my buddies was awesome.
1. 'Hi, Mom, is three oh twelve too early to get up?'
2. Surprise you have to work Christmas Eve. PS, you have to close.
3. Surprise you have to work on New years Eve. PS, you have to close
4. Fixing your brakes will only cost the approximate same as buying a new refrigerator..MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Ok, That's it...I'm doing so far so good with my resolutions, I hope everyone can say the same.
I'd love to hear your best and worst holiday moments and check back often, I'm hoping to post twice a week this year!
Happy New Year!