Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Litany of Life

Delight in the Lord, and he shall give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

I am a terrible prayer. I know it's a lot like loving, you can't really be bad at it, but I am. Oh, I've had my moments, a good Christmas prayer or a prayer for a friend that was truly on my heart. But, sometimes, it feels as if I'm begging instead of praying. Please God, help me, help me, help me. It would appear to some that I have a dialogue going with the Lord all the time, but that's not so. It's more like a litany of need. Help me, Help Keegan, Help Brady, Help Leesy, Help me (have more patience, be more mindful, more courteous) When I catch myself doing it, I stop immediately and thank Him for three blessings (at least) my childrens' health, our happiness, the peace He gives us. I like to think the Lord forgives me my rudeness. I am, after all, a complete mess, or to be kind, a work in progress. I do want you to know, that when you ask me to pray for you, I do. Even though my delivery is rusty, my intent is pure. I'm sure the Lord knows, because, he answers an awful lot of my prayers.
Have a great day. R

No comments: