Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Early Morning Maracas and Disney Channel Devotees.

Good morning all!
And look at me, posting before I have breakfast. I'm super.
Ok, not so much.
I'm playing the avoiding my chores game. I'm great at this game. So great in fact, I can put off a single chore (for examples sake, lets say mopping the floor, cinderella-style) for up to three weeks, any longer and well, it just doesn't make sense, does it?
I don't mind mopping in and of itself, I mind the hullabaloo to get to the ACTUAL MOPPING>you know, the sweeping(or swiffering), the carrying of all objects into adjacent room, the wetting the mop. It just goes on and on and on. And frankly, who hasn't mopped only to find your lovely floor over ran with spaghetti, mud, or overzealous finger painting toddlers?
Which of course, is one of my excuses not to mop, I'm planning on finger painting, mud wrestling or making spaghetti, I couldn't possibly MOP today! Alas, I have run out of excuses and therefore I have to just suck it up and DO IT ALREADY, just not now, I have to BLOG.
Of course.
So
UM.
I'm thinking.
OH yeah, is anyone looking especially forward to Mother's Day this year?
I'm not, but I've heard through the grapevine..er, well, the car riders line and dance class waiting room, that lots of mommies are getting some really nice gifts due to the stimulus package. Which is nice, I'd like a van, a new camera and a spa package. Please.
In that order.
I'm kidding. (not really)


Totally JOKING. I already have the greatest gift a mother could have.





I still have my sanity.


um.


sometimes.





Is anyone else wondering when one of the Disney Bands are going to have a top forty hit?
I love the Imagination Movers. But, the Wiggles have been around for a good bit longer and I'm just waiting for fruit salad to be on the VH1 top twenty countdown. These songs are so catchy, I'm sing them when actually serving fruit salad or when Calling all movers from north to south.


Admittedly that one doesn't flow so much. I see it happening though.


Did anyone watch Jon and Kate plus 8 or TIVO it? It seems Kate has chilled a bit, or perhaps has been medicated? She was less snarky and more willing to leave Jon alone with all 8. She did it more than once. Gasp.


OK, I'm seriously running out of things to talk about. This. is. not. good.


I may actually have to clean.


A list!


But first, next month will be RANDOM BOOK REVIEWS!!


so, if you have written a book you want mentioned, just email me and I'll read it and review it, or if you have a recommendation, send it my way.





Things NOT to say to a husband having the big 'V'.





1. If you think this hurts....


2. Do you feel that your manhood is gone?


3. Now you can't get your girlfriend pregnant.


4. I'm pregnant.


5. I think I see smoke...is that normal. (yes it is. that's why they call it cauterizing. it means burning in medicalese.)


One more thing. Have you guys seen Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) in her Vanity Fair Photo shoot?
What do you think?
too sexy for a fifteen year old?It's raising a lot of ruckus. I have a five year old who happens to be a fan, who will not be seeing it. I'm also a fan and I although I personally have no problem with it, is this not reminiscent of the cover of the Rolling Stone with Britney Spears?

I just don't want the same thing to happen to Miss Miley.

That all being said, I'd love to hear opinions, and if you love or hate it.

PS. Shot by Annie Leibowitz, who does fantastic photos.

OK, OK, I'm going to mop. I promise.

One more thing...R

2 comments:

Becky said...

You're avoiding work... I'm avoiding work.. that's what blogs are all about, aren't they? ;-)
Personally, I don't see a huge problem with the Miley Cyrus photo. Granted, I'm not a mom, so maybe I'd feel differently if I was, but I don't think it's as risque as Britany's Rolling Stone spread. I actually sort of feel bad for Miley, b/c she seems like a genuinely good kid, and everyone in the media is just waiting for her to mess up.
No pressure....!

The Gardner Gang said...

R,
Your vascetamy list was so funny because I was there when Andy got his. I now know how he felt to hang around for procedures with me that he would SO much rather be a million miles away for. We did see smoke and the Dr. told Andy and I Quote "If you smell something burning don't worry Its you." Its a good thing they had given him a happy pill or he would have bolted.
H