Not really sure what's up with all the space in my blog yesterday, I hope it wasn't too difficult to read. Thanks for all the comments and encouragement. I have noticed lately that some people have massive amounts of profile views. I know this doesn't necessarily mean blog views, just profile, but some people have like 500 (BECKY!) while I have maybe 70. I started to get a little upset (umm jealous) and then I realized, I don't have a 'view my complete profile' clicky button.
I've been trying to figure out if I should sell out and do the Adsense, I've gotten several emails about it and one of the things I've been trying to figure out is basically, is it worth it? I don't want my blog to be slow loading, and blah, blah. So, I've looked into traffic counters and can't seem to come up with anything concrete. And as I've mentioned, I've only gotten about 70 hits on my profile and well, that doesn't seem right. Um. Not sure why I'm sending this out into the blogverse other than I may get someone who has done Adsense and will have an opinion on the whole enterprise.
Also, I kind of got 'hate mail' about posting excerpts in my regular blog, so I'll be reopening Writing Mommy soon just for excerpts.
Which hopefully will please some of the people some of the time.
Ok, my last list o' the month.
My very favorite people, places and things. (in no particular order)
1. Once upon a child-they give you cash for your kids things and they are really reasonable and now we have one in HICKORY! (there's also one on Independence in Charlotte)
2. Used book stores. I just love the whole concept.
3. EBay, it's not as great as it used to be, but still fun.
4. The Grin Kids organization. It's a great worthy charity run by Local Radio personalities.
Lest you think I'm selfless and junk....
5. The Coach pleated HOBO is on my Mother's Day wishlist.
6. So is this necklace from Tiffany & Co. ( A bargain at only twenty thou!)
Sadly, they do not come in Mommy sizes. And they aren't even really that practical for kids, but Sparkly! Pretty!
8. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
9. Amalah the website and the smackdown! so funny and so real and even though she got my fave camera free, just for being a cool mommy blogger I love her!
10. My friends, family and the fact that I'm turning thirty! (so scared!) but exited (and scared, really scared!)
OK, I think that's all my personal loves. I do have a few gotta haves for still life with baby.
I personally couldn't live without a double stroller ( I Have this one from BabysR Us)I love it, and I have to say, it doesn't look quite as awesome after two years of use.
Also, My baby Bjorn, I recommend getting one used (or on eBay) because they run around a hundred dollars and that can be kind of expensive when you just have a baby.
Um, for practicality, all my kids have Crocs , although I have yet to make the leap and get a pair for my self.
My new fave drink is Almost anything from Sonic or a Smoothie from Broad river.
I would have to split food into sub categories and I won't do that to you, so we'll just go with chocolate.
Hope everyone had a happy April!
I'd love to hear what you couldn't live without!