I'm pregnant. With twins. By this man in the photo.
Ok, April fools. hehe. I'm horrible with April Fools jokes and even though I love love love all celebratable holidays, April Fools is my least successful. You can't decorate, there are no colors, and you don't get to put up a funky tree and make cookies. Well, I suppose you could make cookies, but you'd just be making cookies for no reason. I think I'll institute mandatory April Fools food, how about donuts? Good yes? Also, I'm cancelling the joke part of April Fools and now the first day of April will be National Give a compliment day!
You look pretty.
See, I'm getting it started, it's up to you to pay it forward.
Ok, so, probably compliments won't be quite as popular as this. Which may be one of the greatest hoodwinks ever. I think April will be list month. Though I'm not finished with my favorite things list, here's a small list of what I'm lovin' right this second.
1. This Vanity Fair cover (in all fairness, you can barely see, but it's Sarah Silverman, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey) and it says, Who says women can't be funny) it prompted me to buy AND READ the article. I'm way more Vogue, Cosmo and Glamour than Vanity Fair, which seems to tout a lot of pretentious swill that makes me nauseous and although this issue was much of the same, the article on women comedians and women comedy writers was pretty informative. I did get a little miffed when they called Lucille Ball about as interesting as cardboard (sic) in an interview but otherwise pretty good stuff. The basic premise is that women ARE funny, and although they are less of a presence in the media, they are more prolific now, and therefore making themselves known. Even (gasp) in the upcoming comedy Babymama, writing, leading and producing without the help of a big strong man. Go girls!
2. The Dirty Girls Social Club by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez, which is about four years too late, because when I checked out her web site, she's already completed the sequel. Still funny, still good.
3. The fact that SCHOOL is back in session. SAVE ME FROM SUMMER!!
4. Planning Leesey's 3rd birthday party. We're thinking of getting her her own place.
5. The fact that post started with a picture of Johnny Depp.
Happy April. Rabbit, Rabbit.